We are seeking a Deputy Manager to be part of a proud team who uphold their record with CQC in the highest regard. If you are a Team Leader looking for career progression or Deputy Manager with experience providing care & support to adults with learning and physical disabilities then this is the opportunity for you. You will be working for a national care home provider, promoting an atmosphere that enables residents to live as independently and comfortably as possible. The Deputy Manager will assist the Registered Manager with management duties to ensure the effective running of the home. You will be required to undertake the duties of the Manager in their absence and lead by example.
There will be many varying duties that you will be required to undertake including, but not limited to:
• Support the Registered Manager with the implementation of all policies & procedures.
• Take responsibility for the general running of the home in the absence of a manager.
• Provide a quality service designed to meet the needs of all residents.
• Management of rotas to ensure adequate and appropriate staff cover at all times.
• Lead by example and act as mentor to the team.
• Promote and actively encourage professional development for all staff.
• Conduct inductions and performance reviews to colleagues.
• Work within the regulations of the care quality commission and legislations.
• Ensure the implementation of the care homes health & safety and emergency/fire policy.
Criteria for Deputy Manager Position:
• Minimum requirement QCF Level 4 (or working towards).
• Previous experience in relation to learning disabilities/challenging behaviour.
• Proven leadership skills with a track record managing a care home in the absence of a manager.
• Experience dealing effectively with complaints and able to perform under pressure.
• A team player with the ability to work across a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Full time permanent position
• Salary: £24,000 – £30,000
Benefits and training for the Deputy Manager position:
• Working hours, Monday – Friday 8am-4pm with one weekend on and one weekend off
• Pensions scheme
• Car parking onsite
• A comprehensive and supportive induction and care development programme
• Employee discount scheme
If you are looking for a new exciting opportunity where you can implement change and work with a highly skilled team, please apply submitting your updated CV. For further information about this position please call Assata on 0330 024 1370.
About Fairway Homecare
Fairway Homecare is a proactive, forward thinking organisation that aims to push the boundaries in terms of imagination, creativity and quality of care delivery. At Fairway Homecare we enable people to remain in their homes, supporting independence and offering a real alternative to residential care. Fairway Homecare supplies Care Assistants to the elderly for Social Companionship, Personal Care, Physical Assistance and Palliative Care. We also offer Support Workers to adults and younger people with complex needs ranging from (but not limited to) Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Challenging Behaviour, Brain Injury and Spinal Injury. Working closely with our sister company Fairway Training, we are able to create and deliver bespoke courses tailor made to an individual Service Users requirements. Working for Fairway Healthcare is a career choice for those who are dedicated to providing the highest level of care and support possible. We only employ people who demonstrate a desire and passion for others. In return, we support staff to develop and we provide excellent rates to reward hard working staff for their efforts.