Leading children’s home provider who specialise in caring for vulnerable young people with SEMH, ASD, LD & challenging behaviour are seeking Care Team Leaders to join their highly skilled team. This private organisation runs over 100 children’s homes across the UK and was created to ensure that their young residents have positive experiences and receive the same opportunities as other children. There are endless opportunities in this role and each manager has progressed to senior roles throughout the company, with hard work and dedication you could follow their example.
Being a Care Team Leader will require you to be flexible and possess broad experience of caring for vulnerable young people between the ages of 8-18 years. You will be great at building relationships, inspiring others & sharing ideas comes naturally to you as does using diplomacy to deal with challenging situations. Your passion for what you do is second to none and you consider it a privilege to be trusted to care for vulnerable children & young people. If you have these attributes, then this could be the role for you.
You will work in a stunning purpose built residential home, ran by an experienced, skilled and passionate team. The Team Leader position will require you to act as a role model, supervise and work alongside the team, lead shifts and complete staff appraisals. You will take responsibility for case managing residents, liaising with families and healthcare professionals to ensure quality care plans are created and delivered. Further responsibilities will include;
As Team Leader you will be required:
• Work within Ofsted guidelines in order to promote a safe environment for children and young people.
• Act as key worker for allocated young residents within the home and supporting individuals with challenging behaviours.
• Understand & action personalisation of care and the delivery of services.
• Ensure that all safeguarding needs are adhered to, alerting signs of distress or abuse and making sure residents feel safe and protected.
• Day to day management of the household as directed by the Residential Manager.
• Attend case reviews, planning and attending meeting when required.
• Write letters and reports and maintaining accurate records.
• Conduct administration tasks when directed by the Registered Manager.
• Manage health & safety, review risk assessments.
Criteria for Team Leader Position:
• Must possess a NVQ Level 3 qualification in children’s residential, children’s and young people’s workforce or equivalent.
• Proven experience working within a children’s and young people’s residential setting.
• Experience leading and supervising others with a good understanding of the care planning process.
• You will hold a clear Enhanced DBS registered on the update service.
• Well organised individual, adept at delegating and allocating work appropriately.
• Use your own initiative to be proactive, juggle competing demands and be solution focused.
• Natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling.
• Full time permanent position
• Competitive hourly rates: £10 – £15 per hour
• Flexible working hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
• Opportunities to progress through the homes personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earrings
• Quality training to help enhance and develop your skills
• Attractive holiday entitlement
• Free DBS
• Pension scheme
• Car parking onsite
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discount cards
• Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
To apply for this position, please submit a CV outlining your experience. As part of our recruitment process, if you meet the criteria for this role as outlined above you will be contacted via telephone to undertake a telephone interview. For further information in regards to the above role please call Assata on 0330 024 1370.
About Fairway Healthcare
Fairway Healthcare are Health and Social Care business providing extremely talented, dedicated and highly skilled staff to many service user groups. We provide staffing solutions to the NHS, Social Care, Healthcare, Domiciliary and Childcare sectors in the West Midlands. Fairway Healthcare is vastly experienced in providing Health and Social Care staff to regulated establishments and has developed many great partner relationships with local and national care providers. Our team enjoy FREE access to 100+ specialist Health & Social Care courses from the mandatory core skills such as First Aid, Moving & Handling and Safeguarding Adults at risk, through to our recommended courses such as Dementia Awareness, Autism Awareness and Mental Health Awareness through our sister company Fairway Training (Healthcare) Ltd. As a registered Apprenticeship provider, we also offer Level 2 & 3 Diplomas in Health & Social Care for your personal progression. Working for Fairway Healthcare is a career choice for those who are dedicated to providing the highest level of care and support possible. We only employ people who demonstrate a desire and passion for others. In return, we support staff to develop and we provide excellent rates to reward hard working staff for their efforts.